Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

November 9November 9 by Colleen Hoover

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Because I recently watched the film, One Day, I love the structure of this book--one day in the life of our characters each year. I felt like that format helped the story keep to a brisk pace. There simply was no room for repetitiveness or dragging in the story.

The reason I chose to read this book was that I had a few days off from school related stuff and wanted a light zippy romance read to cleanse my palatte. This worked splendidly for that purpose. But at the same time, I enjoyed this book so much more than I imagined I would. Since this is my second Coolleen Hoover book, I was excited to peruse this author further--and not so much to get out of reading slumps anymore.

What can I say without spoiling? Honestly, just read this book. It has everything. The characters are well developed and differentiated. Their struggles are relatable and engrossing. And the plot twist near the end just hit me out of nowhere. I never expected that. I remember when I was nearing 50 or 60 percent on my Kindle for this story, I wondered why there was so much left. I felt like the resolution was in sight to our characters' problems, but then that curveball!

I particularly loved the bookish flirting in this. Being a recent Booktuber, tbr piles and reviewing books and all that jazz, I loved all the bookish banter between Fallon and Ben.

Just read this. You'll thank yourself for it. It's fun, but not as light as you might think. I personally found Fallon's mother's advice about how girls should wait until they are 23 to get serious about romantic relationships and instead focus on accomplishing goals and dreams to be very insightful and realistic.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment